Friday, September 23, 2011

Observations

It is a Monday (April 11, 2011). It is 10:47am. I am in Plainfield, CT. I am sitting in my car. A mid-to-late 20’s guy walk’s out of the local package (liquor) store (Rob’s Wine & Spirit Shoppe) with a 12-pack of beer. Next door a middle-aged woman walks out of a fitness center (Curves). I’m sitting here eating my McDonald’s Filet-O-Fish (380 calories) and a small diet Coke. Then a 2nd Filet-O-Fish. That’s 760 calories – that more than takes care of breakfast and lunch – but they are so, so good. A woman that looks to be in her late 20’s or early 30’s goes into the Nails/Pedicure/Spa/Waxing place (Angel Nails). The song “Dream Weaver” is playing on the radio. There is a noise coming from behind me. I look in my rear-view mirror and see that it is a guy unloading supplies from a tractor trailer into McDonald’s. It is Automatic Rolls of New England (A Division of Northeast Foods), they were probably hamburger buns. I sent a text to my wonderful wife Kelly. She is truly wonderful; she is the love of my life. I am now on I-395 southbound going towards Norwich. It is a gray, cloudy day. It is misting but I have seen two vehicles with there windshield wipers going full speed.

It is a Friday morning (June 24,2011) shortly before 8am. The Target store in the Killingly Commons here in Killingly, Connecticut is about to open. I see a man doing his morning walking exercise here in the parking lot.

It is now Saturday evening (June 25, 2011) around 9pm. I have left work and I am going down a street in Yonkers, New York. There are three young girls (tweens) sitting on the curb of the sidewalk, just chatting and/or giggling.

It is now Sunday afternoon (June 26,2011). There are two (2) twenty-something women standing in there collapsible chairs here at the Air Show at the Quonset Airport here in North Kingston, Rhode Island. They are in the way when we try to look forward towards the airport tarmac and they are being just plain annoying.

No comments:

Post a Comment